Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My new love....


I have discovered a new obsession inspiration, for the paintings I want to do. I am just in awe of this man, and literally just sit and stare at his talent. I am a HUGE fan of color. The more vibrant, bold, and in your face, the better for me. Rainbows everywhere would be my ideal. I discovered a painting on Pinterest, and then another-but two wasn't enough. I searched, and searched, and finally found out his name. Leonid Afremov. Oh, you better believe I Googled him! What I found just blew my mind. I honestly could spend hours just looking at his work. I would die to own one of his original pieces, but besides being WAAAAY out of my price range, dying for it would be rather counter-productive. I wouldn't be able to enjoy it! Ogling them all the day through has inspired me to attempt to paint something like it. I think I'd do one of his Park scenes, since the Italian cityscape that I LOVE, is just a little bit out of my league. Baby steps. I will try painting something like his, and see what comes of it. Art and crafts give me peace, and make me so unbelievably happy that there is no wrong in the world when my hands are busy creating things. But the perfectionist in me may keep anybody from seeing the painting if I don't like how it turns out. Sorry. It's something I'm working on. =)

Meanwhile, enjoy some of his GENIUS I borrowed from Google images.......


So cute.


This would be such a gorgeous place for a stroll.

I can just imagine walking through the rain at dusk here.

I want to sit there forever.....


I love this.


The orange, yellow and red captivate me.

This is what I imagine Heaven looks like.


This is one of my favorites. Ah, Itlay.......


Couldn't you just die?


WOW!


2 comments:

  1. He does some beautiful work. As you know music is my downfall. He is to you as Justin Currie is to me, your ultimate artistic inspiration! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors too. Now, get back to painting and post a picture when you're done...go on...paint! :)

    ReplyDelete