Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hello Skype, my name is Tammy. Now What?????

I have joined the world of Skype. Although, to tell you the truth-I have no idea what that means. Friends have been telling me to join for years, it seems, and I have been resisting. I am completely dense when it comes to how things function. I am always the one that has set up the TV's, DVD players, computers, and phones-but that is mostly because I like to play with things, and I have played with enough wiring to get an idea of how to make things turn on. That's it.

I finally broke down when Alan's sister and niece told us they were on it. They live in Chicago, and Indianapolis and we really never get to see them. His family has never even seen our last 2 kids, other than in pictures. Video chatting seemed the way to go. So I got on the computer, and signed up.

Skype though, has me stumped. When I signed up, it had me put my cell phone number in. This is completely useless, because my cell phone doesn't work here. We live in the country and if I want to send a text I have to wave my phone around like a lunatic until I get the tiniest hint of a bar, and then I hold the pose-no matter how uncomfortable, or psychotic looking-until I get the "Sent" message, and all is clear. The only 2 times anybody has tried to contact me via Skype, they have called me on my cell. And both my best man buddy, and my awesome oldest brother have been promptly cut off due to my horrible service.

I added my home number to my profile, but I don't even know if it gives the option of them calling that. Are any of you Skyper's able to help me? This is supposed to be a good way to chat with our long lost family and friends, but if I can't get a handle on this I don't know how it's going to be of any use.

1 comment:

  1. I used to Skype-- now I oovoo.

    (= It's fun to talk to my family in Oregon online.

    Squish them for me. xo

    ReplyDelete