Thursday, August 19, 2010

If this is what passes for home security....

Beware...if your a stranger. This is the sign my 5 year old came up with to make sure nobody breaks into our house. He told me, "Don't worry Mom, we have an alarm now." I really wasn't sure what he was talking about, since I was sitting down making my Trans America building ornaments out of sculpty. (That's my ornament this year, since the guys are all getting a Chicago landmark, I thought it only fair my old stomping grounds are represented. Plus, my Grandpa Teigen was Vice President there in the 70's or 80's. I really wish I had done the research (phone call to mom) before putting this in here.) Anyway-I just kind of went, "That's nice.." and went back to what I was doing. A little while later, I remembered I told Tracey I would post pictures of the porch swing online, so I grabbed the camera and headed outside. This is what I found on the front step. Maybe he has been watching Home Alone too much........

I love that he made sure to add "if your a stranger" so as not to offend any friends that may stop by. If only this kind of thing actually worked! I admire the effort, and thought he put into it. Way to think of your family's safety, Nicholas!

My boy. I had to document what he walked into my room this morning wearing.
Yes, I did take him to the store in this later too.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome (both the outfit and the warning sign). Kids do the greatest things and they are SOOOO sure it's going to work. I love it! He is DANG handsome, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I would love to live in the fantasy land that we did when we were kids. It would help sometimes.

    P.S. Thanks for commenting! I'm never sure anybody even reads these because nobody responds.

    ReplyDelete