Monday, August 23, 2010

This weekend, in a flash.

Wendy turned 28 on Friday. She is my youngest sister, (number 8 out of 9 kids.) and a ton of fun to hang out with. This is her all dressed up for the special day.
Wendy wearing her Birthday headband we got her from the dollar store, happy about getting this fantastic movie!


These are the steaks that were for dinner. *I AM the "Grill Master"!
*along with Wendy. =)

The craziest red sun I have ever seen coming through the smoke filled sky. It doesn't show the literally "blood" red color that the sun really was, but is gorgeous anyway.

My oldest, Ben trying-and failing-to be screaming in pain. No academy awards for this boy....he couldn't help smiling. This was the severed foot that Nathan got for Wendy as a present. I have no idea why. I kept trying to get him to pick something else, but he wasn't having it. He really wanted her to have this foot. The kids put Ben's sock and shoe on and were cracking up, doing things like this.

My youngest, Miles passed out from a sugar coma, while having his first powdered donut. I think he's wearing most of it! Adorable, dirty little boy.



Family Fun Night!

Ok, I'll do a quick rundown of my family in order for you to know where each kid falls, oldest to youngest.....this will help in future posts as well, I'm sure.
Aaron (lives in Indiana) + fiance, and daughter
Jason (lives in Washington) + wife, and 2 daughters
Julie (lives in Louisiana) + husband, 2 sons,  and 1 daughter
Jeremy (lives in California) + wife, and son. Daughter in Idaho.  
Tammy (yay, me!) + husband, and 4 boys
Holly (lives in Louisiana) + husband, and 1 step-daughter in Utah.
Travis (lives in Texas) + wife, 2 boys, and 1 daughter
Wendy (lives in Oregon) + 2 daughters
Adam (lives in Oregon) + wife

Ok, so we just had Wendy's Family birthday party on Friday-which we usually do on Sundays, but this time we went ahead and actually did it on her Birthday. I love family parties! Ken and Leanna (Adam's in laws, who just happen to be friends of the family now) came over and helped us celebrate Wendy, and her day. Lots of craziness, gifts, and fun ensued. Wendy's friends Joanna, Jesse and their 2 children came over in time for cake. Screaming sugar-high kids ran around for the next hour or so, until we left. Jason made his way down from Washington, but arrived too late for the festivities, since he couldn't leave until he got off of work. Sad.  

But, then last night we made up for it! We had a "Family Fun Night" for the the Woodsworth offspring, and Mom. Alan watched the boys at home, while I got to escape over to my mom's house where she, Aaron, Jason and I  played Apples to Apples while we waited for Wendy to come out from putting the girls to bed. Aaron, who had never played it before wiped the floor with us. When Wendy came out, we played again. Hilarity ensued. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I laughed so hard, a few times I pulled out my "Roy Biggins" laugh. For those of you who I just lost, Roy Biggins is a character from the TV show "Wings", who has a noiseless laugh. It's when you laugh so hard, your body is shaking wildly-yet there is no sound coming out.  It is a laugh reserved for pure enjoyment, which happens often when I am around my siblings.

After we got killed by Wendy, the 4 "kids" went in and watched "Kick Ass", which is a comic book type movie, that has one of the better openings to a movie I have ever seen. We laughed out loud throughout the whole movie, which is pretty rare for me. I will definitely be watching this one again. I highly recommend it! Thanks Aaron and Jason for getting it. =) I stayed over until almost 2 am before finally getting my butt into the car to leave. It was like old times, growing up in my awesome family, and I didn't want the night to end.

Getting up this morning was painful. I skipped church, since Jason was leaving in the early afternoon, and we went over to spend time at Mom's instead.

I love when family comes to visit! It is never often enough, and always goes too fast, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

All of us sitting around the playing table. Wendy is checking out her sweet cards. Fun fact....Mom is the only one at the table who doesn't have a tattoo! Represented here are 4 of the 5 Woodsworth kids that are inked. Interesting.....
(Also, I should have put the camera up some more as this is apparently, not a flattering angle. (Never shoot up......always down-it slims the face.......) Always good advice.)
 

Giggling like crazy over the many things said. My family knows how to have fun.

Action shot of Aaron and Jason!

Aaron having a hard time deciding which card to pick....us making fun of the choices.

Spicy Mama's hand. We were laughing pretty hard at the cards she kept getting, and the cards she was putting down were rather surprising of her too. She's usually so reserved, then the Apples to Apples cards come out.......not so much anymore!

Aaron=Fantastic, Crazy, Tame and Useless

Wendy's winning hand=European, Cold, Pure, Cheesy, Dreamy, Cowardly, and Realistic

Jason's cards were smart, and something else. This hand was his from the first game that were funny in the way he kept getting them. After getting Chunky, Puffy and Lazy he decided he needed Glitzy to spice up his image-and ended up getting it. Cool and Handsome soon followed. I guess the Glitz did attract good things!

Tammy=Shocking, Rough, Exciting, Delicious, and Ancient. I guess that depends who you ask.....
.



No comments:

Post a Comment