Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm Thankful


I don't know what has got me thinking today, but today I am feeling really grateful. For everything. Sure, things aren't perfect. Yes, we could use more money, a bigger car, and maybe no ants invading our house for one day (please Lord, just one day)!! But no matter what we need, I can think of so many things that I do have that other's out there wish everyday for, so I am putting it out to the Universe. I am thankful.

I am Thankful for my kids-even when they are bad, screaming, and driving me crazy because there are people out there who can't have any children, and my heart just breaks for them.  

I am Thankful for the house we live in, because we have a very sweet landlord, who keeps the rent low enough for us to afford it! Many people, especially in this economy don't have anywhere to sleep. Thank you Norval, for our home.

I am thankful Alan has 2 jobs! There are plenty of people, myself included, who are looking for work and can't find any. I have many family and friends in this situation, and it really is a daily struggle. I am just very thankful Alan has a chance to have two secure jobs, so we can survive. 

I am very Thankful for family! I was very blessed with the family I grew up in, and I seem to have also been lucky in the family I married into. Both are so full of love for each other, that we would do anything possible to help whenever anyone is in need. Family is everything.

I love song lyrics. I have pages & pages of different song lyrics written down in a journal because they say so much of the things I think, but they say it a lot better. Two songs that I absolutely Love are Because I have been given much & Josh Groban's Thankful. The hymn is actually something I have always tried to live my life by.....a "life motto" of sorts. Simple and to the point. It has been my favorite since I was a kid, and now that I have heard Josh's song (which I actually have typed and framed) They are both always very much on my mind. Here are the words so you can see why I love them......(and a video to hear "Thankful" in case you never have. Beautiful song!!)




Thankful

Somedays we forget
To look around us
Somedays we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.



So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.



Look beyond ourselves
There's so much sorrow
It's way too late to say
I'll cry tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth
It's so long overdue



So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And every day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.



Even with our differences
There is a place we're all connected
Each of us can find each other's light



So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though this world needs so much more



There's so much to be thankful for


Because I have been given much



Because I have been given much, I too must give.
Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.
I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see, who has the need of help from me.



Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care
I cannot see another’s lack and I not share
My glowing fire, my loaf of bread-my roof’s safe shelter over head, that he too may be comforted.



Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,
I’ll share thy love again according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need. I’ll show that love by word and deed, thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.


Song lyrics are powerful when you pay attention to the message they have. Feel blessed with everything in your lives, and love what you already have. Tell all your loved ones how much you love them, and appreciate them everyday. They are what make life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment