Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Hairy Situation

If it's good enough for Julia...........

Ok, ladies. Please help me out if you know the answer to this one, because I am about to pull out my European heritage card, and just say forget it!

How do you make your legs and armpits NOT itch like crazy the day or 5 after you have shaved? I swear I have had my hand down my shirt, scratching the life out of my armpits, a few more times than I care to recall today, because the itch is unbearable. Thank goodness I am home with 2 little boys that have no idea that what I am doing is usually frowned upon in the company of others. Deodorant isn't helping........do you guys just shave every day to solve the "grow back" scratchiness? Again, if that 's the only way-that little bit of French in me is about to play a major role. I don't wear tank tops, or shorts....so outside the bedroom (ahem), I don't think anybody would even know.

Please share any hints, or tricks. I am down to my last layer of skin here.

3 comments:

  1. My armpits itch so bad, every time....and I scratch for the whole world to see. I have discovered the best secret (thanks to dad). Gold Bond!! It works beautifully. You can get it anywhere. I buy it at Walmart all the time. I swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to not put on deodorant for a least an hour after shaving. And, though this won't be fun, use cold water. It keep the pores closed and is supposed to cut down irritation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let them grow! I'm a husband and beg my wife to not shave. Maybe your husband won't mind either. He might even find he likes it!

    ReplyDelete