Saturday, August 31, 2013

10 Pet Peeves

I'm going a little out of order because the '10 people that have influenced me' has me stumped. And right now I can't think of my MOST embarrassing moment, let alone even a mildly embarrassing one. So, I jumped ahead. Besides, the boys are ignoring my pleas, requests and demands to go to bed; so thinking of pet peeves is more where my mind is right now.
 
10 Pet Peeves
(in no particular order)
 
 
Being Talked Over/Not Listened To
 
I hate this so much. It's so disrespectful, and many fights have been started this way between Alan and I. If I'm going to listen to you then do the same for me, even if you don't like what I have to say. It's just manners.
 
 
Being Lied To
 
Even if you think you are doing a good job, and deceiving me; I know. I would rather get bad news than be lied to. It infuriates me, and I will be mad even if it was over something stupid. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. I can't stress this enough.
 
 
People That Chew Like Cows
 
It's just disgusting. Don't do it.
 
 
Being Told What To Do 
 
This possibly goes back to my childhood. Little rebel. Don't get me wrong; I don't mind being asked to do things, but don't demand me to do it because then I just don't want to. It's all about delivery. I am noticing that as I type this, I have been demanding things from my kids a lot lately, rather than asking them. Dang it. I hate when you realize you are a hypocrite......Ugh. I will be working on this, believe me.
 
 
Realizing I'm A Hypocrite
 
Do I need to Explain? Oh, I'm adding when others are hypocrites as well. Not a fan.
 
 
People That Judge Others Without Knowing The Whole Story
 
Unless you are perfect yourself, don't judge anyone else. It's unkind.
 
 
Noise
 
Especially when I have a headache. I like the sounds of music, happiness, laughter....not the noise that pollutes the air like screaming or fighting. I get irritated when there is unnecessary "noise".
 
 
People That Expect More Than They Are Willing To Give/Entitlement
 
You should never have what you haven't earned. And you should be willing to work hard to get what you really want. Just make sure it's something that's worth it. Nobody owes you anything.  
 
 
Commercials/Live TV (When I Can't Fast Forward Commercials Anymore)
 
I DVR most of the shows I watch, so I can see them after the kids go to bed. This has spoiled me. I get so impatient while watching live TV. Three minutes is like a lifetime when I'm watching commercials for stuff that I don't want to buy. The commercial breaks in the middle of the night can take up to six minutes. SIX. MINUTES. Imagine how happy I am that I have insomnia when this happens.
 
 
When People Don't Wash Their Hands After Using The Bathroom
 
This makes me want to gag. When I'm in a bathroom and someone comes in to pee; I look at their shoes. That way, if they leave without washing their hands, I know who to stay away from. This is just so unhealthy and unsanitary! I really don't understand the logic of walking away unwashed. I nearly puke just thinking about this.
 
 
Okay, that's my list. Well, the ones I can think of right now. I tend to have an internal monologue going of things that bug me during the day, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. Some days the list is longer than others.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment