Friday, July 16, 2010

Hot, Hot and Hotter still....




It has been 95-105 here lately and I am going crazy. I don't have what you would call "shorts legs". I am so blindingly white, I could reflect sun off these babies and blind any passing vehicles. I don't think I even own a pair of shorts, so needless to say, This heat is going to kill me! The boys think anything above 70 is HOT and requires them to immediately remove all of their clothes. It's like a nudist colony around here, the boys all down to their underwear. If you are ever thinking of just stopping, by-you should probably call first, lest you see things you don't want to.
We have been trying to deal with the heat the best we can by pretty much camping out at my mom's house during the day, since the boys little pool is over there. Is it wrong for me to want to shove all the kids out of it, and claim it all for myself? If I am forced to sit outside in this unholy heat much longer, and watch them cooling off, I may do just that. Don't judge me too harshly-I don't take the heat well. It is so bad that I don't even want to cook. I would love the kids to eat popcorn and yogurt every night, just so I don't have to turn the blasted oven on. The A/C unit works great-in the front room. It doesn't even touch the kitchen where I am sweating like a blond at a spelling bee!
I am anxiously awaiting the return of fall with it's promises of cooler weather, and fantastic holidays! Please let this be the shortest, coolest summer in history! I don't think I can handle much more of this heat!

1 comment:

  1. We also hit 100F's out here! But the humidity is lower than usual so that is a HUGE help! We don't have a kiddie pool. :( And our neighbors taunt us with their pools. :*( They wouldn't mind if we invited ourselves over would they?

    ReplyDelete