Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday outing











Today we actually did the rarely seen thing is this house called "the family outing". This involves each and every one of us (and 2 cars) to actually perform this act, and again I tell you-Rare. It's usually me & the boys, or me & a few boys, or Alan and the boys-with me staying home with Miles. It's usually not worth the cost of gas for 2 cars, or someone doesn't want to go. If the place has crowds, I will not go. A crazy phobia I have had since I was a kid. I really can't deal with a crowd. In groups of more than 5 or 6, I can't breathe and feel queasy the whole time I'm there. And if for some reason I'm in charge, and people are looking at me-full blown panic attack. Seriously. This is pretty much the only reason I wouldn't be going. Alan volunteers to stay home with Miles a lot, due to his enormous love of relaxing at home watching the Lifetime channel. (You didn't hear that last part from me.....)

So, we went downtown to see the motorcycle bears and the boys had a ton of fun running around looking at them. They even had one you could sit on, and a painted background behind it so you could take pictures. Then we went to Riverside park where they had the whole playground to themselves! I don't know how we are finding the lucky spots lately, but really-it was a lot of fun to sit back and watch the kids run all over, and not worry about them getting lost or doing things they knew they shouldn't because I couldn't see them. Actually very relaxing. AND it wasn't too hot out. Good day all around.

Fabulous french toast for dinner and the kids (most of them) in bed right now. Ahhhhhhhh, so nice. Now, if only I could have the clean-up fairy come and take care of this neglected mess of a house, it would be perfect.














3 comments:

  1. Miles' future as a swinger seems to be questionable...and I kept waiting to read who lost one or more teeth. I guess it's good to feel let down by that...

    Glad everyone had fun! And: Alan can take comfort in the fact that DVR doesn't check ID to Lifetime or WE. He should be safe for a while yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! He hated that swing, but I had to get the picture. I have my priorities! And Alan feels no shame in liking the womens channels and their "good stories". If only he didn't like to watch those same stories over, and over, and over..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of many of the shows on Spike TV. ;)

    ReplyDelete