Monday, July 26, 2010

Six degrees of "driving me crazy..."

What do:
  • Adventures in Babysitting
  • Max and Ruby
  • Home Alone
  • Sharkboy and Lavagirl
  • Goosebumps
  • Classical Baby
all have in common? These will probably be the cause of my being institusionalized. These seem to be the only things the boys watch. Over, and over, and over. It's like the television version of Chinese water torture. I try to throw in some Disney Channel for a little variety. Wizards of Waverly Place, anyone? How about Phineas and Ferb? What about letting ME watch something, for a change?!? No?

Anybody who knows me, knows that I hate repetition. Hate. It. It's right up there with people chewing with their mouth open, and being late. If you ever want to be a jerk, and make me mad in 10 seconds or less, just keep saying the same thing over and over. It's like Dr. Jekyll has taken over my self control, and I just lose it. The kids find this out daily, because oddly enough-they don't seem to remember that I don't enjoy this.

They discovered a box of VCR tapes I had, and pulled them all out to watch them. I thought they'd like my Indiana Jones collection, I do. I thought they might even get into the 1st Star Wars trilogy, I mean-come on-It's Han Solo!! No. They watched Adventures in Babysitting, and have watched it about 3 times daily since. If I hear it on when I wake up, I groan, roll over and go back to sleep. I want to slowly pull out the tape-twisting it as I go, and then cut the ribbon up into tiny, unrepairable pieces in front of them, just so they can be in as much mental pain as I am. I liked the movie growing up, but Nick is on this "Chicago" fix lately, and since the movie took place there, he is compelled to watch it.

When I put my foot down, and absolutely refuse to let them watch that, then Home Alone goes in. Another Chicago movie.

Nathan is very much in love with Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Max and Ruby. He will throw the biggest, most annoying tantrum if you delay putting it on any later than "Right Now!" I do make him wait, because really-no 3 year old is going to talk to me like that! I can be stubborn too, and my inner brat comes out when ever the tantrums do. Counterproductive, I know. But, I still do it. Thank goodness for multiple TV's. I'm waiting for this heat to go away so I can kick them out of the house to play. If they go outside now, all they do is come in every 2 minutes and ask for Popsicles, and complain about how hot it is. I can see the thermometer, that's why I'm inside. 

I have learned to block out the movies, to a point-but if I keep hearing these movies/shows every day, I may just drive myself to the crazy house. A break from kids might be nice.


Who knew this little Sharkboy, would grow up to have girls screaming for him? (Second time on my blog, Taylor. Very nice to see you again.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment